Monday, October 02, 2006

Swiss Absinthe


When my neighbor invited me over to try some absinthe from switzerland I couldn't refuse, I had always wanted to try some but never had the opportunity. He had three different bottles that he brought back from a recent trip to Europe. I had absinthe that was from Switzerland. It was clear in color unlike the more common green color. He even had special absinthe glasses to drink it out of. It has a very strong menthol odor and tastes like black liqorice and is very bitter.

When you add ice or water to it the drink becomes cloudy. Instead of doing shots most people add cold water to it and sip on it so thats what I did. After that it was a lot easier to drink. I had always assumed that you hallucinated when you drank absinthe, but I didn't. Although I only had about 2 shots worth. I think the effects are stronger if you drink more. I definitely did get a nice buzz though.

No comments: